Client Care Coordinator
We are looking for a unique and talented person, that is caring, multi-tasking, and…. Loves working with the elderly; Has professional experience coordinating care for seniors; Worked in the healthcare field – call us to discuss this exciting career possibility!
The Client Care Coordinator provides unconditional support to our Clients and Caregivers.
This assignment is located in the City of Alameda, and supports clients in the East Bay. Facilitates the provision of in-home care and support services to clients. Arranges for the uninterrupted continuing care of the client. Assists in the organization of family resources for the effective care of the client. Routinely interacts with other personnel as well as clients, family members, community providers/ referral sources, insurance companies, care managers, and other third party payors. Under the general supervision of the General Manager/Owner, provides continuity of care for clients and assigned care staff.
High School diploma or GED and at least two years experience in a health care setting.
Previous Supervisory experience is a plus. Experience in coordinating health care required.
Automobile available for work every day, with valid driver’s license with auto insurance.
Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as positive professional, business image.
- Visits prospective clients/clients after referrals are made to introduce Comfort Keepers.
- Establishes initial client records.
- Visits clients to keep abreast of client’s condition and environment at least monthly.
- Responsible for determining type and duration of services necessary to meet client needs. Helps clients expand current services, as needed.
- Assist in matching caregiver qualifications and availability to clients needs.
- Supervises caregivers and completes performance appraisals for caregivers at specified intervals.
- Contacts clients and caregivers for follow-up on service delivery and determine satisfaction of services.
- Serves as a liaison between the client, caregiver, scheduler and human resources coordinator.
- May serve on committees and participate in the development of systems to improve care coordination.
- Participates in on-call rotation as assigned. Participates in client conferences as requested by supervisor.
- May interface with other community resources to assure that client needs are adequately addressed.
Comfort Keepers offers:
- Non- Exempt position, with full-time assignment, Saturday and / or Sunday work days on rotation
- Competitive pay plus additional incentives and bonuses
- Paid on-going training and continuing education
- Direct deposit
- Supportive and engaged management team
- Sick leave and over-time
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned. This will include insuring that no client shift is without coverage.
Office environment. Does require travel in personal vehicle to visit clients and caregivers.
Position Physical Demands:
Walking, sitting, and standing with lifting limited to files and records typically not expected to exceed 10 pounds in weight. Extended time at a computer work screen and on the telephone. Maybe required to provide services to clients, so would need to be able to lift up to 40 pounds.